Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Twenty-thirteen has started off well.

After a couple years of getting full-blown novels out of our heads, we're toning it back a bit and trying to tell small or short stories. We've been collecting submission calls from online zines and anthologies. Our general idea of "short" stories is, for Lore, anything less than fifty thousand words, and, for me, anything less than a hundred thousand.

I'm not really good at small. It's not that I'm compensating for a quality/function I lack, it's just that characters don't know when to shut up.

Lore can do short. If we were betting who'd get more short stores completed this year, Lore would win, and I'd have to take out the trash (or, worse still, do all the social media updates) for the next twelve months. No bets, thankfully.

But I can write a short blog entry. It seems I know when to shut up: my mind goes blank.

Blogger/blogspot is a foreign land to me. I've done my fair share of online journal-keeping, only not at this particular dot-com. It might take me a while to learn the functions. Or I could find the instruction manual.

Truth is, we're too busy doing what we're supposed to be doing (i.e. writing, keeping the house together) that we don't devote any time to the restrictive social interactions of many internet playpens labyrinths websites. We're not good at this. It's why we get along. Look for many short blog entries in the future!

Be thrilled and excited when we actually update one (or maybe more!) of the following sites:
 @ twitter
 @ dreamwidth

No comments:

Post a Comment